Corona -Precautions before and after vaccination
- If a person has allergies to medication or drugs, the person must get a clearance from a medical practitioner. Upon medical advice, blood count (CBC), C-reactive protein (CRP), Immunoglobulin-E (IgE) levels can be checked.
- The person planning to take the vaccine must eat well and take medicines if prescribed before the vaccination. The person must be relaxed and if the person has anxiousness overtaking the vaccine, they can take counseling.
- People with diabetes or blood pressure must take medical advice before vaccination and people with Cancer patients and on chemotherapy, must follow medical advice.
- People who had received blood plasma or monoclonal antibodies as a part of Covid-19 treatment or people who were infected in the last one and a half months are not supposed to take the vaccine now.
- A vaccine recipient will be monitored at the vaccine center to protect them from an immediate severe allergic reaction. People will be permitted to leave the center only after confirmation of their health status.
- Side effects like pain and fever are common and hence people need not panic. Besides, side effects like chills and fatigue are expected and will be off after few days.
To view vaccination centers in India click here